Machine Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Machine Shop Deathmatch! - JOSEPH IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

+6
Eric
Angel of Vengeance
fdigl
Thrasher
Spirit Soldier
Joseph Hicks
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Machine Shop Deathmatch! - JOSEPH IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Machine Shop Deathmatch! - JOSEPH IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Joseph Hicks Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:51 pm

I compiled a prototype of what MSDM01 should be. 11 maps, the ACS is done, all in a neat .pk3 ready for testing. I'll upload tomorrow, it's 1AM over here Razz
Joseph Hicks
Joseph Hicks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Machine Shop Deathmatch! - JOSEPH IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Machine Shop Deathmatch! - JOSEPH IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Post by fdigl Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:11 pm

meh, cant find my map, so I'm redoing it. 15% so far.
EDIT:
Joseph Hicks wrote:We m ust now sort them out: Which map goes where?
Nice.

And thx for the compliment on mah avatar joseph Very Happy
fdigl
fdigl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Hicks Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:10 pm

Here's some feedback we got with our testing session. That pack isn't the final thing - they're just 11 maps I had with me, we can sort them out later.

Level 01: Kirb's Outpost Alpha:
Level 02: The Ruins:
Level 03: Toxic Dump:
Level 04: Deathbay:
Level 05: Medieval Steel:
Level 06: Doom:
Level 07: Dockingbay Madness:
Level 08: Backbreaker:
Level 09: Hell's Building:
Level 10: Get Tan:
Level 11: Installation:

I didn't mean to bash or anything - this review is based in ingame comments and some personal thoughts. farao

Some of you forgot to select musics for your levels, so I selected a few Doom 2 tracks. Some of you ALSO built maps in Doom 2 format - please build them in Skulltag (Doom in Hexen) format, because of the ACS and stuff.
Joseph Hicks
Joseph Hicks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrasher Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:49 pm

map 04:
Its supposed to be that small. 6 players max for a good game. The fact that it works well as a duel map is a bonus.

map 05:
keeping the impassable lines as it keeps that part of the map flowing. Will rework the outside area

Map 07:
got a few thing to touch up (under sides of doors, lighting,.....)

map 08:
Detail is not even done. Will make the bfg harder to get

Map 10:
The exit signs are left over form when I planned to make the map a sp/coop map. that must of been forgotten when it was converted over to hexen format (and when I looked over the convert Razz)

Thrasher

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Soldier Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:06 pm

I'll find a suitable piece of musik for DooM. We discussed hell's building already... so thats it for me
Spirit Soldier
Spirit Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Hicks Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:04 am

I didn't know some of these maps were still works in progress Razz
You could've told me - I considered them as finished maps. We can run another testing session for those who missed (It was kinda arbitrary - I ran it with whoever was online atm).
Joseph Hicks
Joseph Hicks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dj-jo Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Did anyone receive my other map?

It was called faded orange or something like that...
If not, tell me because I will post a link

dj-jo

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Soldier Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:59 pm

No, we need a link for that Smile
Spirit Soldier
Spirit Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by dj-jo Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:11 pm

http://www.filefront.com/17249733/MSDM25.wad
I just noticed how small it is Surprised

um, I think I'm good at making duel maps I guess lol

dj-jo

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrasher Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:20 am

Darkhaven3 is going to be finishing up the detail on Back Breaker.

Thrasher

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Hicks Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:28 pm

For those of you who don't have the MSDM beta: http://www.filefront.com/17212561/MSDM_Part_01.pk3
Joseph Hicks
Joseph Hicks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Soldier Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:11 pm

Thanks for the upload Joseph
Spirit Soldier
Spirit Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Hicks Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:55 pm

We haven't made much progress in our map pack, so I propose the following:

Let's release a pack with our finished levels.

We've dragged this project for MONTHS, and nobody posted an update (not even myself, although I've finished Nocturnal Conflict). So, what di you think?
Joseph Hicks
Joseph Hicks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Soldier Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:07 pm

Let's release it at the same time as MSDuel. We are waiting on one map for MSDuel, and then it's good to go.

But yea, let's put our finished maps together. I'll resubmit Hell's building (because it's been upgraded) and see what else I can put forth.

Edit: I'm guna finish up Warehouse as well. It shouldn't take me too long if I work at it, aka should be able to finish it by tomorrow, so i can at least have 3 maps submitted for this. I'm guna put my KOTH mapping on hold so I can focus on this.
Spirit Soldier
Spirit Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Soldier Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Just saying, this is not going to be released at the same time as msduel, because that is now our primary project.
Spirit Soldier
Spirit Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Soldier Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:12 pm

With MSDuel nearing completion and release, it's time we start thinking about this and what exactly we are going to do with it.

My thoughts
I say we take the maps that are dm sized in msduel, place them here
No more to be built; whatever is taken will be finished
Guest maps will be taken
Release number whatever
Spirit Soldier
Spirit Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Hicks Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Agreed. I have all the previous maps with me, and I'll add those DM-sized maps from msduel.

Some of the maps were unfinished - I'll take a look at the maps and post their numbers/names.
Joseph Hicks
Joseph Hicks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Soldier Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Confirm with Malinku which ones he actually wants in here.
Spirit Soldier
Spirit Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Hicks Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Alright, MSDuel's release is right around the corner, so we should resume our work on this pack! Very Happy

We've got 26 maps. I think we should release them in one, solid pack instead of dividing in two, but since there're still some unfinished maps, I'm not really sure. What do you guys think about it?
Joseph Hicks
Joseph Hicks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Soldier Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Most of these maps are incomplete and will need some touching up at the very least. I wouldn't mind if we go as low as 20 maps; we DO have other projects to fit these maps in. It's totally up to you. But yes, we are doing 1 pack only.
Spirit Soldier
Spirit Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:35 am

And then on to MSCTF!
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Soldier Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Edited to reflect that

A) Depot can be saved for something else or be done at a later time.
B) The Machinery Below turned out to be a great dm map, so I've added this in as well.
Spirit Soldier
Spirit Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by fdigl Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 pm

QUESTION: Do we need to include [MS], (MS), <MS>, or -MS- anywhere into the maps?
fdigl
fdigl

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Soldier Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:22 pm

No..... You don't NEED to do anything really.
Spirit Soldier
Spirit Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by fdigl Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 pm

Ummm.... okay...?
fdigl
fdigl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next